Friday, August 22, 2008

Love Affair Part. 2~



I don't mean to always talk about sex, but I think it's important to talk about it when I want to talk about it.

I am a person who can't have sex just for the sake of sex. I think most of women are build that way. Even you tell yourself that, "this is just sex", you'd eventually find yourself feeling this tingle in your back if you keep sleeping with the same man.

I talked about my friend, Mr. M's relationship with his wife several posts back; that because he loves his wife and his children, he agrees to let his wife to sleep with another man to avoid divorce.

Okay, so I've been thinking about this a lot. Really. A lot... And I came to the conclusion, it's just impossible in my book. If my husband came to me and told me that, "okay, the marriage is not working, we're not working, our love is not working, so what should we do?", then of course I would be devastated. And if he tells me the only way for us to save our marriage is to have an open marriage where he can sleep with another woman. I am sorry, that's when I have to draw the line.

It's true, nobody wants to go through a divorce. It's absolutely natural that parents want to protect their children from any harm including divorce. But, if you claim to love each other, then why would you allow your spouse to sleep with another man/woamn? I don't know...

I'm sure there are so many unhappy married couples out there. And I know marriage and love are not simple like we all want to believe. Because we have to work at it to make it work. Marriage is not a goal or solution to a relationship. It's just a start, a beginning to so many happiness and hardships.

But, we need to know that we have to have boundaries. I don't want to criticize my friend because it's working for him and his marriage. It's good for them and their life. But not me. I think if anything happens between my husband and I, I want both of us to have the courage to be honest and have enough respct for each other to let go of our marriage.. Because I think, that's love even at the end of love.

2 comments:

badderchic said...

found this quite accidentally, nice blog, well said

Maki said...

Hello badderchic! Thanks so much!!! I hope to see you here again and I'll definitely check yours out if you don't mind:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!