Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Here's the rundown of what's been going on in Maki's world for the past week.
1. Julia started soccer - She's so great at it, I can't believe it's her first time being in the team. She's got some talent.
2. I am a soccer mom now. You know, the one cheers on her kid during practice and the game, screaming and telling her how to kick the ball from the sideline.. Yes, that's me.
3. JT's been playing softball - and he's enjoying it. His younger brother has been playing softball for the past several months and I was hoping JT would play, too. Now JT's work started their own team and he's in it. We've been going to his practices together and watch several games too. Truth is as JT admits it, his team sucks and needs improvement A LOT, but the players are all enjoying it. BTW, JT is pretty good at it and he looks amazing in the uniform. Also, the girls are so happy every time when it's their daddy's turn to hit the ball.
4. Like I've said in August, we have fianlly adopted two little kittens. Initially we planned to adopt only one kitty. When we went to the animal shelter, there are literary over 30 kittens and cats waiting to go to a happy home. I was crying like a baby.. I've had six cats in my life and three have died, so I was very wary about getting another one. It was very painful experiences to lose my cats, so I didn't want to go through with it. But like I said bfore, the girls wanted to have kittie for over a year or so, JT was encounraging me every single day for the past several months. Anyway, I finally decided that the girls deserve to have a kittie, so we went back to the shelter and returned home with two kittens instead of one.
The kitties are still small and have two more weeks to get neutered. I'm sorry no photos yet - they are still trying to adjust to their new home and we're trying to give them some space. Their names are Ruddish (girl) and Firefly (boy) - they are litter mate (they are brother and sisiter) and the people at the shlter gave their name. Ju Ju wants to keep their name, but Soapy wants to change it to Princess and Star.. We're still going back and forth with it, but hopefully soon we can settle with the real names.
I'll talk about the day we adopted the kittens in later post. I really want to dedicate the post to all the dogs and cats who are living in the shelters all over the country.... They really need a happy home. In two weeks, I will go back to the shelter with the kitties to get them neutered and will formally adopt them. I am thinking about taking the pictures of all the kittens and adult cats who are in the shelter and post them with their name on it... They are so cute and they will break you heart. I wish I could adopt all of them.
I hope all is well with you, sweetness...
Sunday, September 20, 2009
A week later, one of Ju Ju's classmate's mother called me. She said she and I were the only ones who said "yes" to the in-class volunteering. She asked me if I was still intersted in helping the teacher in the class. I was very ecstatic.
So, for the past two weeks I have gone to Ju Ju's class from 8:30am ~ 10:30am on Thursday. I help Ju Ju's teacher with many things from preparing class material to watching the students to do class work. And I must admit, I enjoy a lot. Those little ones are precious!! They are so cute and innocent, respectful and still eager to learn. They make me smile.. I think Ju Ju is fortunate to have such great classmates. I can't wait to go back there on Thursday again.
By the way, I saw this clip on my sister's facebook. She found it somewhere else and posted on her page. After seeing this puppy, I had to steal it from my sister and post it on here. Is this puppy cute?? I mean, I can't stand it. I want this dog!!!
JT and I finally saw the movie "State of Play" the other night. And I am telling you, it was a great movie!!! JT and I've seen many movies on Demand lately and we've been lucky that all the movies we saw have been great. But this film had so many twist and I truly enjoyed it. Russel Crowe was great as always, Ben Affleck played a role that's a little different from previous roles and Rachel McAdams was cute. Side note: I think she is one of women who looks better in brunette than blond.
What do you think? Am I right???
Anyway, I give this movie two thumbs up, way up!!! Thanks Jess!
I hope you had a lovely weekend - Have a beautiful week!!!!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
Funny thing is, that's all we talked about when I was at work today with the clients, my boss and I. The truth is, no matter how hard we try, there is nothing we can do to change our fate. When the time comes, that's it. And it scares me. I'm not so afraid of dying, but I know I'm afraid of not knowing how I die.
Then I was reading Women's Journal and it featured an article about phobia; what's healthy fear and what's unhealthy fear. I think having fear is a good thing; it alarts you and makes you think before you act - it's like a defense system. But if the fear prevents you from having a normal activity, then it becomes a problem.
Anyway, today was the day I thought about my life - the end of my life to be exact. Do you have any fear, darlings? Are you afraid of dying?
Also, I want to pay a tribute to Patric Swayze who just passed away this evening at the age of 57. Many people loved him in Dirty Dancing (I do admit he could dance!!!). Two of my favorite movies that he was in it were "The Outsiders" and "Ghost" - He was so great it these movies.. I am really sad that he's died - He was definitely one of my idols when I was a young girl.
Rest in Peace, Patrick.....
Sunday, September 13, 2009
I wanted to let you know that the surprise visit to JT's work on Friday night was a sucess! Kinda...
I was working in the afternoon - early evening, so JT's mother brought Ju Ju and Soapy to her house and they made a cake for JT. They decorated so cute and the girls did such a great job. And I'm sorry, I didn't take the pictures. Ahem... Sorry, I can be dumb at times. But everybody forgot to bring the camera, even his mom - I think we were all too nervous and excited to surprise him and all our minds were on the cake! LOL. However, the guys sitting next to our table who happened to be regulars at the bar had camera and one of the guys offered to take the photos for us. JT's brother gave his email, so we may be gettng them in the email.
Anyway, JT's shift starts from 6pm to 2am. I decided to go to his work when the dinner rush is over which is usually around 10pm, so that we wouldn't interfere too much with all the people who work there.
So Friday, JT left the house at 5:45pm as usual. Remember I told you about Ju Ju's mouth slipped about surprising him? So, he was susupicious that we might show up. But I played it cool and told him that we'll see him when he comes home. He called us at 8pm when I was bathing the girls. Now he was beginning to believe that there might not be a surprise for him at work. Then he calls again around 9:30pm. I said I was busy taking care of the girls. I was actually busy getting ready to go out because his mom was supposed to pick us up to bring the cake at 9:45pm.
I called JT's brother and he was on his way to the bar JT works at. Mom in law came a little past 9:45pm and we finally headed there. Oh my goodness, I was getting very very excited and kind of nervous at the same time. Once we arrived at the entrance, the hostess who knew about the whole thing and the manager who also knew about it came outside and we finalized our plan. The hostess was telling me that JT was keep looking outside from the window, acting like he knew something was up. She said, "Does he know you guys were coming? Because he wouldn't stop looking and I was like, oh my god, he's gonna find out - he made me so nervous!"
So, the manager told me that he's gonna tell my husband to help him doing some stuff in the back, so that he wouldn't see us walking in. But here is the thing, JT's brother had already walked in and saying hello to all the people in the bar. I was so hoping JT didn't see his brother.
The hostess brought us to our table and everybody in the bar saw the birthday cake and they all started to cheer. We sat down and waited for the manager to bring JT.... And there he was, all confused and puzzled seeing his two daughters, mother, brother and me and several friends waiting for him. And the next thing we know, everybody who works with him surrounded the table and started singing Happy Birthday and then all the patrons at the bar were singing too!!!
JT and his brother were standing next to each other and put arms around each other's shoulder and huge smiles on their faces - It was such a beautiful scene. I'm so grateful that JT's co-workers and managers were all so kind and nice people. JT really enjoy working with them.
After the song, JT's brother cut the cake and we all ate it. We also had some cocktails and beers and we really had an awesome time. Too bad, JT had to work. Hehe. By the time everything was done, it was already past midnight. Yeeess, it was way past the bed time for Ju Ju and Soapy. So we all decided to go home. Oh I hope it was a good birthday for my hubby and I hope he was happy to see everybody, even though it was at his work (cause he begged me not to come.. LOL.) Happy birthday JT and I want to thank everyone who helped me plan this little get together. Thank you soo much!
Oh, yes, I wanted to talk about the movie JT and I saw on Demand last week. "I love you, Man" - It was hilarious!!! Some parts were kind of whatever, but Paul Rudd and Jason Seigal were awesome. I laughed through most of Paul Rudd's cheesiness. JT's favorite guy was Barry (John Favreau) - He couldn't stop laughin every time Barry shows up and said something mean. One scene where Barry said something at the engagement party, JT keep rewinding the part over and over again and I saw tears overflowing his eyes because he laughed so hard. I hadn't seen him laughing at movie like that in a long tme. Also, we liked the fact that Rush was featured in the movie. JT and I love Rush. I think this is not a movie only men enjoy, but girls can enjoy sitting next to their men. So I must say, we both liked the movie and give two thumbs up! BTW, do you believe there is man like Peter (Paul Rudd) who doesn't have guy friends, but great with girlfriends????
Next, JT and I also saw "Body of Lies" last week. I'm always fascinated with all these films about CIA/FBI/Military Special Forces. I will never know what realy is going on in their worlds. I think that's why I'm intrigued by it. Can you imagine what it's like to be a field officer for CIA, especially working in Middle East? It's so cool, but you put your life on the line to get the bad guys and protect your own country.
One of my English teacher back in Hawaii once told me his younger sister married to a CIA agent. She really didn't know anything about his job until he retired from the postion. Intereting! Anyway, if you're interested in working for CIA, there are many postions that are available.
I also give this movie two thumbs up!!
What have been your favorite movies lately? Jess over at Everyday Adventure recommended the film "State of Play" which JT and I have been wanting to see, so we're definitely going to sit on the couch with popcorn and order it on Demand.
Now we're off to Sunday dinner! Enjoy the rest of your day!
Friday, September 11, 2009
We all know that today is a very sad day for many, many people. I can't believe it's been eight years since that fateful morning on September 11...
But I also know it's a very important day for me and my family. It's JT's 44th birthday!!! He was there in NJ when the attacks happened and his birthday hasn't been the same since. But I thought it's time for him to be happy again on his birthday.
I am planning a very tiny surprise visit to his work and bring a birthday cake. He chose to work instead of celebrating his birthday, but I thought it would be nice to bring him a cake and sing him a happy birthday. I hope it works out because our Ju Ju kind of slipped and said, "Daddy, do you want to be surprised on your birthday??" Oh man, JT was laughing and begged me not to come.
But I already asked his manager and he okayed me. So off I go!!
I know we will forever remember what happened that morning of September 11, but I also want my husband to know that he is loved and his birthday is to be celebrated.
Happy Birthday my love!!!! I love you!
Monday, September 7, 2009
Anyway, let's see.. where do I start.... Okay, I will list all the things that's been going on with my life.
1. Ju Ju started kindergarten two weeks ago! I will post two short video clips from the first day of school this week. Oh my, I was so nervous, maybe more nervous than Ju Ju! She has school uniform, so that helps a lot in the morning. She gets to wear light blue, navy or white polo shirt and navy or khaki scort, skirts, shorts or long pants. I must admit she's SUPER cute in them! I can't wait to share many happy and exciting stories about her life in school!
2. Just being busy. I'm back to work after taking several weeks off. But I must say, I'm so hating it. I can't stand it anymore. I'm thinking about giving my boss a notice soon that I will be leaving the job on December 31. I'm grateful that I have this job, but I can't stand some of my co-workers. They depress me. I know I need to grow up, but having a few weeks off from work totally made me feel so free. I'm not talking about not having a job. I'm talking about being in the enviroment that brings me down emotionally. So I've made up my mind that I'm going to quit. I hope I can follow through..
3. Another "just being busy" , but this is because of my new project. And let me introduce my business logo to you all for the first time! Let the drum roll...
"Barefoot Chic Design & Co." -- do you like it? Do you like it???? It took me almost a month for me to decide on this logo with the help of a friend who is also designing my business website. I'm really excited about it, but also very nervous at the same time... It's been alway my dream to start my own business, however, I know things can get tough at times. I just hope that I have enough courage to move forward and do the things I love the most; painting and handcrafting.. I hope you'll cheer me on because I love you and your voice have carried me through the most difficult times in my life before... I hope it's okay to counting on you, too...
4. Getting a kitty for Ju Ju and Soapy. They have been wanting to have a kitty since last year. I am a cat person and I've owned six cats in my life; three have died which have made me not wanting to have another can again. It was so tough to see them die and I didn't want to go through ever again. But, when my two girls keep telling me and JT that they want it, how could I say 'No', especially JT who is not a cat person tells me we should get it for them... So, this week or next week, we're going to Humane Society to find a kitty cat. I'm slowly, but surely getting excited about it.
5. Planning JT's birthday. It's coming this week Friday... I hope I can make it special for him.
So, these are the things (not everything) that have consumed me for the past several week. How was your Labor Day weekend, everyone? I hope you're all doing well and I love you!!!!
This Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. It's all good stuff!