Friday, August 1, 2008

This week's Friday 5 questions.

1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, what’s your favorite?
A. I Love Lucy

2. What person of historical significance was from your neighborhood or city?
A. Historical significance in my book was my grandpa and others who lived through WWII even though they're ordinary people.

3. What’s a story that’s often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along?
A. My Grandfather who survived A-bomb in Hiroshima on Aug 6, 1945

4. Which of previous generations’ dumb mistakes (in deed or thought) baffles you the most?
A. Racial segregation...

5. What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to?
A. When I was little, I was able to run around neighborhood and everybody in the neighborhood would watch us closely, so we can play safely... Everybody knew everybody. Now I don't even know if my daughters can do that on the streets - it's sad to teach my children not to trust people, but that's what we have to do these days..

4 comments:

Alev said...

Great choices, Maki! You are right about the whole not trusting people issue, it's a real shame what the world has come to... And about your grandpa! :O The whole thing is so sad really, I'm glad he managed to survive.

Maki said...

Hey Alev! Thanks for the comment. Yes, the wprld has progressed for good in many ways, but also regressed in another way, I think. So sad, you know? One Love~

x o x o u i said...

Hi--welcome to Friday Five! I love it, but I don't always participate. I'm terrible. :-) Wow--You and I both wrote the same for #1 & #5!

Maki said...

Hello xoxoui! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me the comment. I really appreciate it. I went to your site and yes, indeed we answered the same for q's #1&#5! What a coincidence!! Hope to see you again soon! M~

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!