Friday, August 8, 2008

This week's Friday 5 questions.

1. In Citizen Kane, the main character’s last word before dying is “Rosebud,” which is discovered later to be the name of a favorite childhood sled. The idea is that this rich, powerful, hated man, in his last moment, finds himself thinking of happy, innocent times. If the film were about your life, what word might you utter in similar sentiment?

A. "Rainbow"

2. In Groundhog Day, the main character is forced to live the same day again and again until he has learned to love others and to love himself. If you found yourself in an endless loop, living one day repeatedly until you learned the lesson that was holding you back, what would that lesson be?

A. To be okay to be alone... I am fearful of being alone (meaning I was afraid of being single when I was younger), but I was told from many that you have to be able to stand alone until you can be a full grown adult, which it seems I haven't been accomplished...

3. In Freaky Friday, a mother and daughter who have difficulty understanding each other find themselves each living the other’s life (occupying the other’s body and everything!). If this were to happen to you for similar reasons, whose body would you wake up in?

A. Definitely my husband's body..

4. In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones has to jump into an underground room filmed with the one thing that freaks him out: snakes. “Why did it have to be snakes?” he asks. If the movie were about you, what would you see in the underground room?

A. ahhhh.. roaches, the most disgusting creatures in the whole wide world and they will never be extinguished...

5. In Sideways, the main character is asked to explain his love for wine made from a certain grape. As he describes the grape, we realizes he is also describing himself, saying that it must be carefully tended and that it is easily damaged. If the film were about you, what passion (hobby, food, collectible, or activity, for example) would you describe and how would you describe it so that you were also describing yourself? *

A. Dancing -- you need to know how to breath, gotta have rhythm and free of spirit. You can't be too shy because you need to be able to express yourself.. And it requires some sex appeal when you dance..

5 comments:

Rowena said...

Wow! This was a very unique and interesting post that makes you sit back and ponder...hmmmm...at this point the only one I have an answer to is #3. I would definitely wake up in my dog's body, Miss Maddie the westie. Now that oughtta be a lot of fun!

Alev said...

Great choices. :)

Maki said...

rowena, how are you? yes, this week's 5q's were kind of tough, but I enjoyed posting it. Your dog's body would be fun I'm sure!!! Your dog would also be thrilled to be in your body :)

alev, thanks!!! I really do not like roaches....

Sonia. said...

Good answers! I appreciate your answer to #2, a lot of my friends also equate singledom with 'being alone' but there's nothing anyone can say to make you feel better about that. I don't, but I don't know why I don't, so I can't help anyone in that department unfortunately.

But it is OK to be alone because the way I see it, at the end of the day you can only fully, truly rely on yourself. And some people misinterpret that as being depressing, but I find it to be the opposite- take everything as an opportunity to succeed, because if you do everything yourself then yes, you are your own downfall but this is good because you have the power and the control to take the reigns next time. And the other great thing about relying on yourself is that you are at the centre of your successes- something we all need to focus on more than our failures!

I love your answer to #5 as well!

Maki said...

lishlove: Hello! Thanks so much for your comment. Yes, I don't want to be alone, but then I know that there were times I should enjoyed being alone and single. I would have had a different life if I did that, so I shouldn't complain about it now, but I sometimes want to go back and start over just to see what it's like to be alone. Because in the end, you ought to be able to count and trust youself, not doubt your ability to live life.. Thanks again for stopping by and hope to see you again! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!