Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday 5 for September 19: Animal

This week's Friday 5 seems so easy to answer, but actually, I had tough time with coming up with the answers. But here are my list and enjoy - Happy Friday!!!

1. What’s the cutest of the small, furry animals?

A. Umm... I like animals and I can think of many cute small, furry animals. I would say either kittens or squirrels.. They're both small and cute. But I am a cat person and I've always had cats. Cat's are soooo adorable when they're little kittens!!!

2. What predator impresses you the most?

A. Great White Shark. I'm honestly afraid of them. I would never want to see them in the water. The movie "Jaws" did it for me. But I'm impressed how big their teeth and how their jaws move after the initial bite. Creepy eyes and that teeth, WOW!! - Please swallow me if you decide to eat me..

3. After which animal will you name your professional sports team?

A. I love NJ Davils and NY GIANTS - I tend to like strong figure. I'd like Tiger or Jaguar for my team.

4. What’s an unusual animal that you know a little something about?

A. I like tasmanian devil - not that I know more than other people should know about them, but I think they're cute looking, but very strong and vicious at time.

5. Your high school probably had some kind of mascot or symbol, but based on your memories of it, what animal should REALLY have been the emblem?

A. I have two high school mascots. First school I attened Seabury Hall in Maui's mascot was Spartans and I must say the school can come up with something more gentle because Seabury was very mellow and layback school. I would pick "Dolphins" or something rather peaceful..

The mascot for Berkeley High School in California where I graduated from is "Yellowjackets" and I often wondered why??? But then the mascot kind of grew on me, so I wouldn't change it.

7 comments:

colbymarshall said...

My high school mascot was the Trojan. *Sighs and shakes head*...could we really not come up with a better mascot than one that a.) lost the war and b.) is a condom? Really.

MJ said...

LOL. I went to the same highschool as Colby^. The Trojans was an awful mascot!

In elementary school we were the Sierra Garden mustangs. Considering what wild children we were, the mustangs was kind of fitting. :)

Anonymous social worker said...

In peru my mascot was an eagle, when I moved it the stated I became an indian chief.

Maki said...

colby: Really??? OMG - I always feel sorry for the kids whose school's mascot is Trojan. Whenever I watch college football game on tv and see Trojan as their mascot --- All I can think of is the orange, blue or red color boxes of Trojan. Trojan, Trojan and Trojaaaann!!!

MJ: You, too, suffered the shame of Trojan mascot? I honestly believe either the schools change their mascots or Trojan have to come up with different brand name.

The mustangs sounds pretty cool :)

Maki said...

rivermist: Both of your mascots sound better and somewhat ordinal than Trojans for colby and mj... lol

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the whole shark thing, for some reason I love to learn about them. Have a great weekend!

Maki said...

the social frog: Shark has always been important part of Hawaiian culture where I grew up. Although I'm afraid of them, I'm also intrigued by them. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!