Monday, February 8, 2010

One Crowded Bed


When my husband JT left last week, I wasn't sure what would it be like to sleep alone in my bed. I know it would be weird, but I tried to enjoy the bigger space left in it because JT is a tall guy - sometimes he can push me to the edge of the bed...

The first night without my husband, I put the girls to their beds and crowled into my own bed all by myself. Oh big bed, big space, cool sheets and everything.. But the moment was short lived...

I was deeply asleep when I heard a tiny voice, "mommy...." - I woke up, there, my oldest daughter Ju Ju holding a teddy in her arm stand right next to me, followed by another crying voice... "mommmmmyyyyy..." - my youngest Soapy ran into my room... It was 4am - I was so tired, I couldn't even get up.

I opened the comforter, patted the bed and they both jumped in bed - Ju Ju to my left and Soapy to my right. They snuggled up to me and we slept together. And we've been sleeping in my bed since.

Okay, I finally was able to get them to sleep in their own beds this year (some of you may know that they had tough time sleeping without me..) - now we're back to square one. My daughters giggle and get so happy after taking a bath every night because they know they get to sleep with me. I know it's a bad habit, but I do love having them in my bed too. It's lonely to sleep alone sometimes.

But remember, we have two cats too. They also jump up and sleep by my feet. I'm totally closed in by my daughters and cats. Now I need to figure out how to get my girls out of my bed and sleep in their beds again....

11 comments:

Drew said...

Aw, how cute...
:-)

eri said...

aww that's so cute! it's good to have company. :)

Rowena said...

When my son was a tot he used to love to jump in and snuggle under the covers with me too! I don't know...I tend to think that it's perfectly okay, because the day when they eventually do grow up and don't think that it's "cute" anymore to snuggle with mommy, will be the beginning of letting go of your "baby or babies" as they grow into their own personalities. Enjoy them while you can!

The Muse said...

i loved having my babies close :)
lovely post.

Dionne said...

Awww... how sweet. I can imagine y'all cuddling up close.

Claudine said...

That is so cute!!! I remember when I was a kid, I used to love sleeping next to my Mom too. I was so jealous when my brother was born and he gets to sleep next to her.

Mrs Montoya said...

Uh oh - good luck with that one. We get a visitor every now and then and if it's after midnight they get to stay because I'm too lazy to take them back to their own room :) More than one night and it takes me forever to get them back to their own bed.

And I have to know - is that really your bedroom? Drop dead gorgeous!!!

* said...

Amira my 10 year old just got evicted 2 years ago, and that has been hard for me.

*CUTE*. I hope they will always want to clim in bed with you. I hope my girls will too, as long as I can say no and not cry I know I'm on top of it.

Bayjb said...

Aww that's so cute! It does sound crowded but in the BEST way possible :)

Maki said...

BakerGirl: Thanks :)

eri: Most definitely! xo

Rowena: Yeay Rowena! I think I feel so much better about this - You're right:) Aloha~xx

The Muse: I know me too!! xo

Dionne: Yes, they're so cute when they're asleep unlike her mom drooling.. haha. xoxo

Chloe: Oh that's so cute. :)

Mrs. Montoya: That's so not my bedroom! It's from Pottery Barn. ha. Although it's kind of close - all white bed indeed. Half of me is too lazy to bring them back to bed - so true! xo

Imperfect Stepford Wife: Really, two years ago? I know my younger sister used to go to my parents at night and ended up sleeping with them and she was like 8 or 9!

Bayjb: Aw thanks Jess!!! xo

Kendra said...

My little monkey sleeps with us and as much as I hate it sometimes I love waking up and cuddling with him in the mornings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!