Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Hunt For The Perfect Mascara

I love buying makeup - Don't you love it too? The colors or the scent or the packaging - there are many reasons why I love makeup/costmetics... I open my drawer, there, you'll find many things that I use daily or haven't used... It's funny, but sometimes I want to buy them to just look..

One of the things that I can't get enough is mascara. It seems I'm never happy with the mascara I buy. I'm always huting for the IT mascara. I always have several mascara that I use depends on my mood or feeling.


Dior Show Iconic ($27) - Currently, I'm using this Dior's Show Iconic mascara. I keep this in my makeup bag. I do like it, but I don't love it. If anything, I love the name. LOL. The lady at the counter at Saks told me I should try it if I loved Dior Show because it would curl my ever thin eye lashes. I'm not sure if it ever curled my eyelashes. I definitely opt for Dior Show because Iconic is $3 more and I don't see any difference. Just my opinion...

Dior Show ($24) - I will buy this one again next time when my Iconic runs out...



Feiberwig ($24) - I love this Fiberwig and I keep bying it - it's from Japan and it gives you such delicate lashes. I feel this aweness every time I coat my lashes.


Maybeline Great Lash Mascara: I think many people love this mascara simply because of the price and it doesn't disappoint you.





Rimmel Glam'Eyes: I bought this mascara because I loved the look - the black and pink packaging was hard to refuse. Moreover, I really really loved this mascara!!!! It was cheap and yet it gave me such great looking lashes! I'm not kidding - you should definitely try it!



Another mascara I bought simply because I loved the color "yellow" and "purple" - and I must admit, I liked using it. I haven't bought another one, but I did like it.
So, do you like buying mascara? Which one is your favorite to use???
-- I just want to thank every one for your kind comments when I talked about my husband moving away. The girls and I talk to him every day/night and he sounds very positive. Thank you very much!!!






15 comments:

Teresa Perea said...

I must say... I LOVE the colossal. It give great fullness and is a great price. Goes on fast and dries quick... stopping by from SITS! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

I would love to splurge on some Dior! I usually buy the Loreal lilac mascara...they are the ones who have the product that bring out your eyes true color...strangely the shade of purple is very complimentary to my eyes...but clumps too fast.

Would love to find the perfect mascara!

Cyndy Bush said...

I'm loving the new Lash Stiletto by Maybelline. I'm picky about mascara because some of it makes my lashes fall out! And I hate Great Lash.

Thilie said...

I love the Dior show mascara, but I have to be honest, I don`t wear make up everyday.. I know I should but I don`t.. But if I have to wear it, it`s the Dior show but mine doen`t look like the ones on your pictures, it is a long black package. I love it!
Oh and BTW I`m new around here but your blog is beautiful! Pretty photos, lovely girls and lovely words! I`m definitely coming back for more!
Have a wonderful day!

Iva Messy said...

oh gosh!! I have gazillions of mascaras!!! Its the never ending hunt for THE perfect one ;)

Dionne said...

I naturally have such stubby eyelashes - mascara is a much needed makeup tool for me!

Laura said...

I am such a klutz when it comes to makeup, but mascara is the one thing that I cannot live without. Thanks for sharing some brands; it's nice to see what's out there. I think that Maybelline one has been around forever!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Maybelline is such a classic staple...haven't tried Dior before~
xo

ThiliBlooms said...

The name is Ultimeyes by Dior.
The perfect one for me :)

* said...

I don't use it but my sister is all for DIOR as well...I think they are doing somthing right from the responses you have here.

Maki said...

Salsa Mom: Thanks for your tip too!! xoxo

KellY: I would try anything that other people say it's good!!! Loreal has some cool mascara:)

DysFUNctional Mom: Maybe I should try the one you're loving!! It sounds like a good one.

Thili Blooms: I think you don't need makeup - you look beautiful without it:) Thanks for stopping by - and I will try your Dior mascara Ultimeyes:)

Iva: I know! I can buy it without getting tired of it...

Dionne: I could never guessed that Dionne! You have such beautiful eyes so I naturally thik you have thick and long eyelashes!!

laura: Yes, I think if you have good looking eyelashes, you don't need ton of makeup, like you;)

LENOREEVERMORE: Yeah Maybeline is definitely a must for many mascara lovers:)

Imperfect Stepford Wife: I love Dior's consistancy. It doesn't clump and gives just right amount - at least in my opinion:)

Ms. Salti said...

I'm with you... I'm a makeup whore. And when it comes to mascara, I'm all over finding the best one. So far, Loreal Voluminous is my fave. It stays on all day, doesn't flake, and is fairly inexpensive.

If I see anything resembling a pink and green tube (maybelline great lash) I will throw it across the room. I despise that mascara!

Claudya Martinez said...

I like Definicils by Lancome.

Bayjb said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE mascara. I splurged on Diorshow and liked it but now I'm using LashBlast Volume and I like it. It's easy to apply and gets all the lashes. Love it.

Maki said...

Ms. Salti: Yeah, many people dislike that great lash mascara. I don't use it, but it's always on the top list in the mags like InStyle and Allure. I don't know why..

Unknown Mami: Oh! That's one of the best too - I like that one:)

Bayjb: I will definitely try that mascara - you know I heart your opinion;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!