Saturday, December 13, 2008

I decided to try this new game...

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend everybody!

Well, my new blogging friend Laura has kindly infected me with a virus and I think I need to spread the love. People say it's a virus that keeps on giving - actually it is a story that you write and the next person you tag have to come up with another story and spread to the whole wide of blogsphere... I thought it's really clever and interesting. I guess I have to put on a creativity hat now...

Here are the instructions. And here is the story:

The bus was more crowded than usual. It was bitterly cold outside, and I hadn't prepared for it. I noticed that a fair number of the riders were dressed curiously. As I glanced around, I stretched my feet and kicked up against a large, heavy cardboard box laying under the seat in front of me. (Splotchy)

I hunched down to see what it was, but as I did, the bus violently veered to left. I was thrown up against a heavyset Asian woman with blond hair. I pardoned myself, but she faced forward with no reply. Just then, a man wearing a jumpsuit of silver and gold stood up at the front of the bus. He was holding a megaphone and a box of graham crackers. He held the megaphone up to his face and began to speak... (Some Guy)

"Ladies and Gentlemen...please do not be afraid! I am here to help you" he said in a mighty booming voice. As he began to step towards me I felt a hand creep its way around my throat and all of a sudden I was pressed against the mighty bosom of the Asian woman as she she hauled me to my feet. She began to back away from the costumed crusader all the while holding me, feet dangling in the air. I panicked and my eyes searched the bus, hoping to connect with someone, anyone who would be able to help me. My eyes met those of the hero in gold and just as I began to gasp for air he yelled...(~E)

„Put her down and no one gets hurt“, he yelled at the Asian woman. All the passengers turned to see what was going on and, as they did, I noticed they were more panicked than I was. A small bespectacled man closest to us hissed at my captor and said in a low voice „Take me, just don't hurt her.“ My fear gave way to curiosity. Who were all these people, and why were they so concerned for my well being?The Asian blonde's back was now pressed against the back of the bus, and she increased her grip on me as the megaphone man crept slowly towards us. As he passed through the bus people started getting up, and now they formed a small army behind him. He raised the box of graham crackers above his head and put his lips to the megaphone... (That Damn Expat)

"Since you refuse to cooperate, I will have to use my secret weapon!" Suddenly a laser like light shot out of the box of graham crackers and everything went black. I don't know how much time passed, but I awoke in a mysterious room with a terrible headache. Immediately I assumed that I had been captured and began wondering why me? Why not the Asian lady who seemed to be the source of trouble? Just then, a woman walked into the room wearing a gold lame' dress, she said...(Laura)

"Oh, you are awake? I am glad you're okay...", and she gave me a glass of water. Apparently I fainted at her boutique while picking out some clothing. I am so relieved that it was just a dream. Being captive is not my cup of tea. Besides, who was that big Asian woman? And what's up with that horrible blond hair she had? Asian people would never look pretty with blond. She was freaky. I thanked the boutique owner and decided to walk outside. It is really nice day out. Oh wait.. I am hungry. I should get something to eat. "What should I eat?", I was talking to myself when.... (Maki)



Ok, now I'm going to have to tag other people... Let's see...

The Rambler @ My Rambling Thoughts
Carrin @ Carrin's Comments
ka1t_lyn@ Unterned Barbie
SBW @ Blogging In Bed
Colby @ Smittin' (out words) Like a Llama


Now girls, go ahead and spread the virus, oh wait, I meant "love" - I can't wait to see what you girlies come up with!

10 comments:

Vivian said...

Hi Maki! Thanks for your lovely comment. How fun you like Korean food, I think it's still not popular enough in the West. I like it in general, but honestly I cannot eat it every single day.

You grew up in Japan? I'm OBSESSED with Japan- the food, the sights, the culture, Vivi magazine, the language, the bathtubs!! You should read my August blog entries, I went to Japan for a vacation and I just fell in love with it- Fukuoka, Kyoto, Tokyo, Osaka... <3

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Thanks so much for participating! I like what you added and can't wait to see where the next people take it!

The Rambler said...

Maki....it's CRAZY rain here! I just drove over the H3 from Kailua to Aiea....NEVER AGAIN....It's stupid. I hope your sister ok. They got flash flood warnings today until later tonight. :(

Thanks for asking.

Anonymous social worker said...

VIRUS?!
runs to bathroom and puts non hand sanitizer*
viruses can't touch me hah hah.

ps: grest story.

Nicole Marie said...

ah oh my gosh i was so confused and frightened for her!

Splotchy said...

Nicely done!

Thanks a lot for being infected with this.

Rachel said...

Cute post! And this is a great idea!

Angela said...

oh i saw this at another blog. sounds really interesting.

Maki said...

Vivian: Yes, I grew up in Japan. It's a wonderful place - I miss living there sometimes. xoxo

Laura: No problem!!! I can't wait to see where the next people take it also:)

The Rambler: I hate when it rains there - it's beautiful when it's just rain. But if it rains like huricane, not a good place to be:(

Franco: That's funny! LOL

Nicole: I was kind of confused too!! Thanks for reading it:)

Splotchy: I am honored to participated:) I'm glad you approved my work. lol

Rachel: Aww thanks so much for reading it:)

Savvy: I never heard of this until Laura tagged me - kind of interesting, isn't it??

Alev said...

Interesting story and a great idea! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!