Monday, July 12, 2010

"Mommy You're Married!"


My daughters and I are finally back to our sweet home. The place is still a mess since we have to bring everything back from my mom-in-law's house. But it feels really great be able to sleep in my own bed!!

Anyway, my girls and I were at Publix buying grocery to restock our empty refrigerator. As I walked by the magazine section, I spotted Tom Cruise and screamed for joy. "What is wrong Mama???" asked Ju Ju who was surprised and looked worried. I walked towards the magazine rack, reach my arms and grabbed a magazine..... I pretty much gazed into Tom's smiley face on the cover of Esquire and said, "well, I love him... I love him.." There was this woman standing right next to me was giving me the weird look, but that's okay. That's when I heard my daughter saying, "No, Mommy. You're married! You can't love anyone, but Daddy!!!" - and she was serious. "Aw I can read at least!" - I pleaded. It was more like begging. As soon as I said that, the lady next to me started cracking up! She looked at me and said, "Oh boy, that was good!"

I explained to her how much I love Tom and I've loved him since I was in 4th grade, living in Japan. No matter what happens, he always has a place in my heart. The lady said, "We're all entitled, there is nothing wrong with it. I'm the same way with Johnny Depp!"

On the way to home in the car, "So, who is he? Who is the guy you love?" - Ju Ju asked. I told her he's an actor that I am a big fan of... Ju Ju said, "Oh, actor? Okay, then it's okay mommy, you can like him.."

Thank god, I have a permission from my daughter to profess my love for Tom. But don't you think he looks great in the magazine???





I think I love Tom because he brings me back all the great memories of my childhood; how innocent and how I dreamed of coming the America..
He's the symbol of my American Dream...

8 comments:

eri said...

that is just way too cute! your girls say the cutest most innocent things! i love it!

Donda said...

True story...My SIL had a date with him but he stood her up LOL You would laugh too if you knew my SIL!!

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Oh my gosh Ju Ju is so cute! Yes, he does look adorable in those photos. I just can't fully move past the couch stuff though

Angela said...

He does look good. :)

Mekkan said...

Hello. Long time no see you! What a lovely story. You're so young and JuJu is so innocent! Some day soon she'll have someone special who brings her lots of dreams. You know something. I had the same experience but so shy to tell his name here. He is a great country pop musician and singer. Oh, he used to be the great star and I learned lots of English phrases and words from his songs. He is in his 70s now. Ha, ha,ha. In fact I asked him to shake hands at the stage door after his first concert tour in Japan when I was a college student. Thanks for your bringing me back this excitement.
Glad you're back into your house.

Sara said...

Hi! I just found your blog and am so glad I did :-) I do have such a soft spot in my heart for Tom... takes me right back to Cocktail and Top Gun- I *love* that pic of him with the cowboy boots!

Jasara said...

Home sweet home! So glad to hear you are back in your own comforts! It will be back to norm in no time!

and who doesnt love a lil Tom in their life!! lol, kids say the cutest things!

Finally caught up on blog reading! seems like you have had a good summer so far! Love the fathers day pic!

Maki said...

eri: Yes, those little things say the darnest things sometimes! xo

Donda: Wow, I believe you - and standing a woman up is not cool, Tom! :)

Jessica: I know you've been feeling awkward about him jumping couch thing - I must say he was a bit odd during that particular time. lol

Savvy Girl: Yes, I know! He does right? :)

Mara: Yes, he's pretty cute. Pretty good looking!

photojoy: Ohisashiburi! I think we all have a special someone that we all dreamed of - and don't be shy - spill it out! Who is he?? Good to hear from you! xo

Sara: Awe thank you so much for stopping by! I'm glad to have found another Tom fan! xoxo

Jasara: Hey you! Welcome back - I have to catch up with you too! Missed you! xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!