Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Survived the 2 Months & 2 Weeks of Boot Camp!!!


Many of you know that I've been displaced from my own house for the past two months (+) due to the water damage caused by some ignorant AC company. But finally, I will be moving back to our own place with the girls this weekend!!! Wooo Hoooo!

I must tell you, it has been a loooooooong, stressful and hard two months. I mean, can you stay at your mother in law or friend's house for more than a week? Especially, not having your husband while you stay there at his mom's because he's workin in NJ - It's not easy. It's not your house you're staying - you can't get naked and walk around the house, or sing in the shower out loud.

But, I think I'm really fortunate to have a mother-in-law who's willing to take care of me and Ju Ju and Soapy for more than two months. And my father-in-law (JT's stepdad) - he's been really kind, too. He makes coffee for me and mom every morning. Mom makes dinner for us every night - I help her by setting the table and clean the kitchen after the dinner. I have my own room and the girls has their which makes things a lot easier too.

Of course, there were times I said to myself, "I don't care how horrible the condo looks, I just want to get out and move back..." - I'm 36, years old and yet, my MIL somestimes made me feel like I'm 16. She wanted to teach me all the things I already know (they're called common sense, everybody!) - but I always said, "Yes, Mom" - "Thank you, Mom" - "I love you Mom" because that's called "respect". I've never once talked back to her - no matter how many times I wanted to, I bit my tongue because she has indeed taken care of us with love and kindness. She surprised me by getting me two dresses on different occasions, too.

Tonight, she's going to take me to her gorup's Bunko party - this will be my second time as a substitute. I had never played that game until last month, and surrounded by an group of older ladies kind of gave me a different perspective in life. LOL. And I know being with my MIL has made me a better homemaker - she knows how to make a messy house into a Cinderella's castle. I learned so much from her indeed.

With that said, I am SOOOOO happy and excited to sleep in my own bed and my own place again!!! Let's have a party - you're all invited, my love!!!

So, do you get along with your mother in law?????????????????????

9 comments:

Turbo said...

So happy for you! Good luck with everything. I'm sure that it will go well. :)

eri said...

congrats on finally moving back home! :) have fun w/your mominlaw tonight. it's always fun to see other's perspectives on life

i love my bf's mom, she's one of the nicest people! i have a few friends who don't get along w/their bf's moms...i can't imagine what that must be like.

Maki said...

Turbo: Thank you so much - I hope so too!!! xo

eri: I know, I feel the same way. Many of my friends don't get along with their bf's moms or mother-in-laws and I don't get it... I'm lucky..

Kristin said...

It is really sweet that your MIL is having you guys, but I know what it's like to have a love-hate(ish) relationship with a relative. That's really great that you respected her throughout. I have to admit when I lived with my aunt while I was unemployed, I snapped at her a few times.

My MIL and I get along well although we don't have much of a chance to speak to each other. She lives in England and I've only met her once, this past Christmas. She is a lovely person though!

Dionne said...

Yay! Time to go home, FINALLY! That's great news!

I get along so well with brian's mum. I love her to pieces, and it's great that my parents and his parents have become best friends since we got married. They hang out all the time, I love it.

Claudya Martinez said...

I am so happy you get to go back to your own home. It's nice that you have family to lean on in times of need. I'm super proud of you for biting your tongue. I'm not sure I would be able to.

Impossible Alice said...

It doesn't matter how old you get, mothers ALWAYS think they know best and will treat you like you're still a child! It's great that you have caring, loving in-laws though =D Have fun getting back into your own place!

Jenn said...

So happy to hear you're going back home with your girls!
It's always nice to know you have a home away from home though... it's refreshing to learn from the older generation, even if they drive us crazy :-)

Sarah said...

Ohhh, I could never spend a week at Paul's mom's without him. Or with him, for that matter. She... tries my patience... in ways that I can't write about on the internets. Even if she bought me new dresses, which are my weakness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!