Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Text or Not Text?

I'm a big fan of text messaging. I think it's so convenient especially when I don't want to bother my friends who are busy at work by calling them asking stupid questions. You can just text and get message across in a sec, if they don't like my question, then they can igonore it or they reply with smiles.

But one of my best friends Miss K asked me the other day, "why do I always send him a text and get upset??" She is talking about this guy she is dating for a while and she somehow measures his feelings for her by his reply; how fast he responds or the tone of his message. If he doesn't reply within 5 minutes, she starts to freak out and convince that he must be cheating or he must not like her anymore. The relationship is over!!!! See... I think that's the problem for many women (and maybe some men) who love to text, but hate it at the same time. Because text messaging doesn't require a lot of courage (making a phone call does so depends on the situation) , it's an instant communication between two people who are far away from each other. They want the instant reply because really, that's the point of text messaging. If they don't have to hear the answer right away, they would probably call and leave a message.

So, I told her if she doesn't like to wait for his reply, then she should go back to the old way of making phone calls instead. Maybe that would make much more sense because then, she doesn't have to worry about him replying right away. And it would always be nice to hear his voice I assume... What do you think? Do you like to text or hate it?

2 comments:

Alev said...

Hello! :) I'm new to your blog, hope you don't mind me commenting.

You are so right, text messaging isn't the same as calling and hearing that persons voice, but it takes less courage I guess. If I speak for myself, I hate talking on the phone. I don't know why, I just get so uncomfortable talking on the phone, face to face or texting feels a lot better. As a result of that, I always text, I have 500 SMS in my inbox, LOL. But then again, as you said, when it comes to the reply part, it gets annoying to wait for a reply, grr. :D

But I say "text". :)

Maki said...

Honestly? I love "text" is better. I tend to be nervous on the phone, so texting is definitely a good way to communicate with people for me :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!