Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oh My Blue Sea.... "Top Kill"

I don't mean to talk about the same issue over and over again..

But as of now, the Gulf of Mexico is on the edge of total destruction - if BP can't stop this mess, I know that the eco-life in the ocean of the Gulf is over...


Today is the day that BP will attempt to stop the gushing oil leak with "top kill" - one of the final options left to seal the pipe.


I used to think that off shore drilling could be a great alternative to foreign oil.

But now, more than ever, I support the other sources of energy; wind, water and solar to sustain our lives.

I realize "oil" is the major source of conflicts - wars have been fought because of it, and the politics have been played out based on it.

It's ugly business...


I'm taking our daughters to Lido beach today after Ju Ju finish with her school with her classmate and her mommy.

I want to believe that their summer is filled with ton of play time and laughter at the beach, but I just don't know...


I pray to god that BP will be successful with "top kill' - it has to end today...


8 comments:

Turbo said...

I'll add my amen to that one. ;)

Scrappy Girl said...

This situation is heart breaking. I hope they are successful too. I love your blog...pop over and say HI!

Elle Sees said...

i;m headed to the beach this wkend--FL panhandle, so i'm interested to see if it's been affected.

ThiliBlooms said...

I know.. me too.. I always see dolphins, turtles and manatees here and I`m praying it doesn`t affect us!

bananas. said...

i'm with you sister. i didn't realize the seriousness of this whole ordeal until i read all about it in the news. it sucks...it really does...

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

definitely ugly...the politics are even uglier!
xo

Anonymous said...

I find it so sad, too. It seems to happen so often these days, it makes me so emotional...
The image of the girl is stunning, by the way!

Maki said...

Turbo: Yes!!!!

Scrappy Girl: Aw thank you for the sweet comment:) xo

Elle Sees: Oh, I hope FL beaches don't get affected, but we can only pray...

ThiliBlooms: I know girlfriend, I know. I don't want to lose our beautiful beaches - I feel so sad for the people of Louisiana:(

bananas: There's nothing we can do about it - that's the most frustrating part. It really sucks!

lenorenevermore: I know... :(

Cafe Bellini: I agree, it seems like disasters strike us so often that we can't even take a deep breath...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!