Wednesday, August 11, 2010

10 Days with Daddy - Part 1


Hello my friends! It's been almost two weeks since my last entry and I almost gave up typing this post too. It sucked because I wanted to post all the happy things that happened while my husband was here on daily basis, but I was simply too busy to even sit down in front of the computer..


As you know from the previous post that my husband was home for ten days. Acutally it was supposted to be six days, but he extended his stay and left last Saturday evening. I have to admit, the house is less chaotic, but quiet.

Seriously, my husband, the girls and I had so many things we wanted to do together and it seemed never enough time. We were non-stop on the Go, and when I wanted to sit down and compose a post, JT often told me, "You can sit next to me and watch TV together."


He is never against me having my own blog. He often reads it when he's away, but I think he wanted me to cherish our time together as a husband and a wife, and focus my energy to my family while he's back in his own home. And he was right about that. That's why I barely sat down in front of pc for the past 12 days. Of course, writing a post or visiting all of your blogs have always been back on my mind, but I was totally tired by the time we get home from our activities. I haven't uploaded any videos or photos, but I will make sure to post them this week.

Anyway, it's taken me forever to tell you what happened after my husband came home as a surprise to our daughters, or all the things we did for the past 12 days, but I thought it's never too late to share.

July 29 (Thu) - JT arrives at Tampa Intl @ 12:30am. I pick him up and drive home together while our girls are sound asleep. Our youngest daughter wakes up in the wee hours while JT and I were chatting and watching TV together. Oh boy, the look on Soapy's face. She totally believes she is dreaming. She goes back to bed and comes out minutes later saying, "Daddy???"

Sooo cute. She slowly walks towards him, lays down and puts her head against Daddy's chest. Daddy asks her if she's surprised and she smiles and nods, "yes..."

JT decides that we all should sleep together in the same bed. On the other hand, his wife Maki thinks, "Are you kidding me?" - we have a queen size bed, not the king size bed. But Soapy thinks it's a fabulous idea and jumps on to our bed right away. JT scoops his oldest daughter Ju Ju up and tries to bring her to our room when she says, "Daddy..." Her eyes are still closed and she is too sleepy to wake up. When we're finally in bed together, Daddy whispered to the girl's ear, "Daddy is so happy to be home, close to you girls..." Ju Ju whispered back, "Me too..." We went to bed together that night.

The next morning, JT and I woke up at 8:30am after having five hours of sleep with stiff neck. The girls were jumping on bed screaming and cheering, "Yaaay, Daddy's home, Daddy's home!!!" - it was one of those scenes that I see in movies. Dadd and Mommy were so happy to see the girls' smiles on their faces. BUT, We both couldn't sleep well because Ju Ju and Soapy moved around like worms and took our space. We both decided that the girls were to sleep in their bed. Good idea!!!

This was the beginning of great family time - and I'm so happy that the girls and I got to spend time with Daddy a lot longer that we expected.

I will post more about JT's stay tomorrow - Hope all is well with you!!


xoxo

5 comments:

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Aww I'm so glad he was able to extend his trip and time with you girls. What a great time!

Unknown said...

Happy that your hubby is back, you guys are having a super cool time enjoy it.

Jasara said...

awesome! finding it hard to post happens! but this reason is so worth it! Love the reunion stories with JT and his lil girls!

Cant wait to catch up with ya!

Kristin said...

Awww, what a sweet homecoming. Thanks for telling your readers about it, I know a couple of us were wondering. I'm glad you took the time to be with your husband and I can't wait to hear more about it!

colbymarshall said...

Hope you guys had a much needed time together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You Have Landed

   

Thank You For Stopping By!!!!